Hearth tiles/ash dump door replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Marconis

Dec 13, 2021
NY
Hi, all. Done burning for the season and want to get a head start on doing some repairs in the firebox. A ton of the tiles are cracked and need to be replaced. The ash door is pretty corroded and no longer has a proper hinge, so I'll want to get a new one of that as well. Tiles all around the door are loose and I worry about embers falling down and igniting any coals in the pit.

I'm hiring a sweep in the summer to do a camera inspection/cleaning/possible parging, and I figured I can at least do some tiling work myself to save some money. Can you kindly point me in the right direction for tiles and a new ash door (or whatever it's called?) Also -- if any sweeps on here can advise if firebox repairs like this are pennies in the grand scheme of thing maybe I can just wait to have them do it all in one shot (need some firebricks replaced, too).

Thanks!

IMG_7024.HEIC.jpg IMG_5295.HEIC.jpg