Hearthstone baffle replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reggie Dunlap

Feeling the Heat
Dec 13, 2005
Northern Vermont
I have a Mansfield purchased new in 1999. It's burned around 4 cord a year with no problems till now. If you look up between the burn tubes it's rusted through. So I ordered a new baffle and two 1/4 inch steel plates arrived. At least they look like steel. Is this what I need? Two of them?

I did a search on baffle replacement but I'm still not sure what I'm getting into. If anyone has done this any advice would be appreciated. I'm still burning it but I plan on letting it go out this weekend so I can fix it.

Thanks,
Reggie

Reggie, I have the Mansfield as well, but I have less than one season on it. The dealer had told me that the "plates" were made of a ceramic material. Have you had any luck with replacing them yet? I will need to go down this road at some point...

RedOak,

Yes I replaced them. It took all of 20 minutes and it was easier than I thought it would be. I'm pretty sure the baffles are steel. Mine were rusted and crumbling. The stove runs a lot better with the new baffles.

Reggie

I paid around $80 for the replacement baffles. I'm not sure what other parts you need for your rebuild. Assorted door gaskets may do the job, or you may need new burn tubes etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.