Hearthstone Equinox 8000 baffle replacement - replacement baffle doesn't fit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

damyanp

I've got what looks like a 2009 Equinox 8000 stove and I'm trying to replace the baffle. I have the replacement kit (#90-76010) but for the life of me I cannot find a way to get the baffle above the secondary air pipes - it seems to be about 2" too long and so ends up stuck against the back of the stove and pipe.

What confuses me is that the instructions that came with it (and the video of the Hearthstone employees replacing one) show a stove with 3 pipes, while mine has 4. On top of that all of the parts diagrams I see for the Equinox 8000 have 4 pipes.

I see plenty of people saying that this is an easy repair.

I'm on the verge of cutting a couple of inches off the baffle to try and get it in. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply - alas, this is the exact kit I have.

The instructions refer to the "front and middle tube", which implies three tubes. My daughter thinks she can see 4 in one of the photos. But....I can't get it to fit. Maybe it's not to do with the tube count :)

Last edited:
Yes, I see 4 tubes in one of the pictures too. There are a front, 2 middle tubes, and a back tube.

I know on my Mansfield I can't get the baffle in or out without taking the secondary tubes out. I take the baffle out every year to clean the stove.

I know on my Mansfield I can't get the baffle in or out without taking the secondary tubes out. I take the baffle out every year to clean the stove.
I've never inspected my baffle but I will this year.Does your Mansfield come with a baffle blanket ?