Hearthstone heritage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

duramaxman05

Minister of Fire
Aug 17, 2014
Perryville, Mo
I have a Hearthstone heritage and am going to take it out for remodel. We have an outdoor boiler now. It's in good shape and will come with all the flue pipe from stove to the cap outside. I am wanting an idea of what it's worth? Thanks

That depends on the internal and external condition, and age of the stove as well as when it's sold. Peak prices are typically Sept-Dec.

Overall it's in good shape. It has 1 broke firebrick on the inside. 1 panel on top is discolored from a cast iron pot. It also has the factory fan and shroud on back of ther stove

What year was it made? Are there any cracked stones? Is the baffle in good shape? Are the hinges worn to the point where the door sags a bit?

What year was it made? Are there any cracked stones? Is the baffle in good shape? Are the hinges worn to the point where the door sags a bit?
I believe it was installed in 2008 according to the receipt I found. They didn't use it but a few times before we bought the house. We used I'd for 5 winters. There was 1 cracked fire brick on the inside. Everything else is in good shape. It cost them $4800 to purchase and install it.

I didn't think the Heritage had firebrick. That has me confused. If a stone is cracked in the rear, that should be fixed.

Is the stove frame matte black or porcelain enameled?
In good condition with no cracks, it should sell somewhere between $1000 and $1500 depending on the time of year and local market.

Reactions: duramaxman05
I didn't think the Heritage had firebrick. That has me confused. If a stone is cracked in the rear, that should be fixed.

Is the stove frame matte black or porcelain enameled?
In good condition with no cracks, it should sell somewhere between $1000 and $1500 depending on the time of year and local market.
Frame is shiny porcelain. No stone is cracked. Just one of the inside bricks

I could be mistaken, but I don't recall firebrick in this stove. The rear "bricks" are the soapstone rear wall of the stove.
Highbeam, your stove was of this vintage. Any thoughts?

Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 9.35.35 AM.png

Reactions: duramaxman05
There was no firebrick in a heritage of that vintage. It’s 1.25” thick slabs of stone joined together with splines. Single wall. Great looking stove. There were two soapstone “bricks” mudded into the firebox floor into the cast iron base.

With some quick photos we can help identify the issue. With the side door it’s unlikely anyone would try to add firebricks to the already small firebox but it’s possible. Those bricks would just be setting there and easily removed.

That stove is getting up there in age now whether it was used much or not.

In perfect shape, this time of year for a real heritage I would guess 1500$ is not unreasonable. They look so good that people tend to buy.

When we bought the house, it was the first time I have seen and heard of thus stove. I have to say that it's the best looking woodstove I have ever seen. And works well too. I will get some pictures of it tonight.

I do stand corrected. It isn't fire brick. It is a piece of soapstone and there is one on each side of the grate.

20220706_185648.jpg

Good, that is a floor stone and less consequential. IIRC, there is a metal pan underneath it.