Hearthstone III Heat Shield

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gallggg

Dec 10, 2022
Northern Minnesota
I purchased a used Hearthstone III in very good shape. I would like to tuck it in a corner and I am looking at the minimum clearances. The manual states the distance gets reduced with a shield. Does anyone know where I can find a shield? Can I adapt a shield from one of the other Hearthstone wood stoves?

The manual states that the Heathstone III comes with a heat shield, however, I do not know what it looks like. Maybe I have one attached to the back of the stove and I do not know what it looks like.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Gallggg

Post a pic of the back of the stove. Maybe we can tell you if there IS a heat shield attached.
I attached a pic.

072DAA5E-D6B5-4C72-B170-8FDA58F000DA.jpeg