Hearthstone Shelburne adaptor.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Boardroom

Sep 9, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Good evening.
I bought a used Hearthstone Shelburne 8371. I am having trouble connecting the stove pipe to the stove. I scanned all the Shelburne posts that I could find on the site and no one mentioned having the same problem. I am trying to use double wall stovepipe and an adaptor but cannot get the adaptor to fit properly. The vent piece on the back of the stove is curved/sloped on the outside and does not allow the adaptor to fit over it. It looks like a piece of singlewall pipe would work if it’s fit on the inside of the stove piece. Is that what is typically done or can double wall pipe be connected somehow? Thanks for your help.

AD5D8B08-484A-48A5-AB68-F5479ACA27D2.jpeg

does the piece of pipe you have look like the one in the link below? there should be a side of the connector that has a crimped single wall pipe that is intended to connect to the stove.

Oh man. That’s great. Thank you. I went to a lot of fireplace stores that couldn’t tell me that there was such a piece. Even the ones that sell Hearthstone . I knew what it should look like so I cut the collar off a double wall piece and ended up with this. I wonder what the inspector will say.
Thanks again. C0989F4D-C481-4DAE-A688-6385DD2A9639.jpeg