Hearthstone shipping delay? and other questions.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Highbeam

Minister of Fire
Dec 28, 2006
Mt. Rainier Foothills, WA
I visited a local dealer who actually carried a few hearthstone stoves on his floor to actually see one in person. My wife and I were blown away by this nice looking stove. The heritage was the biggest one they had and the smallest I would consider to replace my adequate but 17 year old 3+CF Lopi insert.

If you recall, I have an old masonry chimney with a new liner that was built up against wood framing members and the back wall of the chimney cracked out. We don't like listening to the insert blower so are considering removing the chimney and putting in a stove with metal pipe. This would also give us back some living space where the old and huge fireplace currently sets.

The hearthstone dealer, as expected, knew less about the stove than I did but he claimed that there is a 6 month period between ordering the stove and receiving it unless I buy a floor model which he would sell me for a discount. I smelled a sleezy salesman so I thought I would check here. Can a guy order a hearthstone and expect it to arrive at a dealer within a reasonable amount of time? The heritage he had on the floor was brown enamel and my wife liked it the best, I like the matte black the best even though it is cheaper. I am not above driving to find one on some dealer's floor.

The rafters in my flat ceiling allow for a straight pipe using single wall connector. Double wall and a heat shield won't buy me anything. Is single wall a good idea? Will this stove heat without a blower? The stove room has a ceiling fan and I will be using outside air for combustion.

Lastly, my house is 1700 SF with no central heating just the electric wall heaters. This stove will be primary heat. Any recommendations about the suitability of this stove to perform as a 24/7 primary heater in my home would be appreciated. My insulation levels will be OK after improving them over classic 1963 construction.

A six month lead-time on a Hearthstone smells like bull to me;I'd say you're right about that dealertoo,he just wants to unload last year's leftovers.Better to look elsewhere.

Sounds fishy. The only reason i would say he would delay the order would be to wait to add the stove to his pre season order..(to save freight.) but that comes in august so that doesnt really fly. Hearthstone stoves arrive in colorado in less then a week usually. If someone wants me to order a stove i will order it right away and charge them freight, or if he or she waits for a multiple stove order there is no freight.

Pure BS.. I can order a woodstock and have it delivered in less than 10 days. It's not like stove dealers are bombed this time of year and that they had a Katrina season.

Status
Not open for further replies.