Heat & Glo Escape 36 DV flame height

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

sbsurfer

Dec 16, 2019
folsom, ca.
Good Morning,

I have a 2005 H & G Escape 36 DV fireplace with the wall control that has temp, aux, hi/low flame and pilot- off controls. Temp control is turned off. For flame control, first button push says Hi flame on screen, but it's low, and remains the same when pushed again, showing Lo flame, then off on third push. I haven't seen a comment on this problem, so I'm hopeful someone has come across this before. Thanks for your advice! Dan

Sounds like the solenoid for the flame adjustment is either stuck or inoperable.
Give the gas valve a sharp "rap" with the plastic handle of a screwdriver...

Will do, and if not, next step is to replace the solenoid, I'm thinking. Thanks again!
Good Morning,

The tapping of the valve didn't work, so I turned off the power to the unit, turned it back on, unclipped the solenoid wires, then reclipped them -- still no diff. However, I pulled out the control box to have better access to the valve/solenoid to tap it, and there is a red light lit up on the control box?? No mention of the red light in the literature, but you can see it in the drawing of the control box. Also, the solenoid is not show as a part on the service parts list, but they seem to be for sale on Amazon. Your thoughts on the best way forward? If it's time to call a technician in, I'm fine with that, and appreciate your help! Thanks, Dan

Yes, original owner.
I think I will call in a tech at this point. If I were to replace the solenoid, the manual talks about testing the gas pressure as you screw it in, (to screw it in the right amount-then tighten the lock nut) which I don't want to deal with. And the control box, if bad, doesn't look like the part that supposedly replaces it, there's many wires attached to it, etc.
So, I thank you very much for your help, but time for a pro -- don't want to blow up the house!! Have a great Holiday! Dan

Reactions: DAKSY