Heat &Glo Grand I-35 flame adjust problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TomKlem

Dec 27, 2021
Finger Lakes
I have a Heat & Glo I-35 gas fireplace with Intelliflame. It’s about 5 years old and has worked very well, with a few minor glitches along the way. Just this week, the flame height adjustment stopped working. When I press the button to step through the several flame heights, I can hear the stepper motor and actually see the center axle post on the stepper motor turn as it should. But the flame does not change at all. Normally, there is a visible difference between settings and a significant difference when it returns from the lowest to highest setting. Any thoughts on what could be wrong?

Have no idea for i do not have experience with I guess pellet stoves--someone might come along and help you...old mrs clancey

Hello there, I do believe that there can be some issues with the stepper assembly that modulates the flame. There are a couple of different things that you can try. I just want to verify that the appliance is stuck on High (full flame) and will not toggle to Low flame, is this correct?