Heat&Glo LP Fire flickering on & off...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toomerh

Feb 17, 2014
Seneca Falls, NY
IMG_0273.jpg
Just bought a house that is 7 years old and it has a LP Heat&Glo pass thru Model# ST-HVLP-IPI after it has been on for about 20-30 minutes the fire begins to flicker or turn off then back on then off then on... Makes no difference what the settings are, tried everything. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Sounds to me like either a grounding problem or a flame rectification problem.
Do you have the owner's manual? There is a wiring schematic in there.
sometimes relocating the ground wire can help Find it, loosen the 1/4" Zip screw &
relocate it by punching another small hole in the bottom.
If that's not the issue, take a look at the pilot flame. See if there is carbon build up on
the metal probes within the flame. Make sure they are cool & then try to clean them with a damp rag.

Thanks DAKSY - Yes I have the owners manual and installation manual. I will try your suggestions and keep you posted. Thanks for the info.
UPDATE - Ground screw was kind of loose so I removed it, put it back in same hole and tightened securely. As I removed the logs to clean the pilot I kind of forgot the exact positioning... I got out the "log positioning" instructions only to find the logs were placed incorrectly. Have put everything back together and so far so good!

Last edited:
Reactions: DAKSY
Status
Not open for further replies.