Heat-n-Glo 8000CLX Gas Fireplace - HELP!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Paul Zig

Dec 13, 2021
Colorado
I went to fire up my fireplace that has been running great for the past 3 years (only difference this past summer is I shut off the pilot). I pulled the remote to start the pilot and it fired up just fine. I clicked on Flame and I don’t get anything, no flame. I can hear the unit operating to raise and lower the level of the flame, but get no flame. I allowed he pilot to run for several hours but still couldn’t get it to fire up. I pulled all the logs out, cleaned (sanded) the thermopile, used a compressor to blow out any debris, but still no flame when it calls for flame. Pilot is strong, blue flame. What am I missing?