Heat n Glo Gas Stove Coming on By ITSELF!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

LAndrim

Jan 1, 2011
Outside of Philly
Hi,
Anyone ever heard of a gas stove lighting itself??? I have a HeatNGlo Tiara I stove. It has been coming on by itself...can't understand how the toggle switch can be pushed without a finger engaging it. Any suggestions? Thanks much

Hi Bob, no there is no remote. Not sure if this helps, but I sometimes have to push the toggle switch 3 or 4 times before it starts. But it starting on its own is a little scary. Thanks for any help

Pull the switch & check the wiring. There may be a short.
If the stoves does NOT come on with out the switch in it.
that is probably your problem.
Does it ever turn OFF when burning?

No, it does not turn off. Let me check the wiring on the switch later today...
thanks for your quick reply and stay warm, especially with this Nor'easter coming our way!

Reactions: DAKSY
No, it does not turn off. Let me check the wiring on the switch later today...
thanks for your quick reply and stay warm, especially with this Nor'easter coming our way!
Hey Dansky...finally looked at the toggle and wires...I definitely need a new one but in looking around, all I could find is an off/on toggle switch with 2 wires, plus the tag on it says "for remote or wall use only".
Not sure if this will work, mine has 4 wires coming out. Any suggestions?
P.S. I am NOT a stove person...minimally handy, but not a expert with these things. thanks!

Attachments

• Underside of my toggle.jpg
    Underside of my toggle.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 120
That switch should work.
You have 4 wires coming off 2 spade connectors.
Just plug the switch in in the same way as the OEM.

thanks much for your expert advice and help. stay safe, and of course , warm!

Reactions: DAKSY