Heat Shield ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnywarm

Minister of Fire
Sep 12, 2007
Connecticut
Can you screw the heat shield to the wooden Mantel?? or do you mount it to the Brick?. I have the F 400 on the mantel not an insert.

Thanks john

either way works, as long as it blocks the mantel from the heat from the stove's top and pipe.. preferably screw into the mortar joints between the bricks if you can.. they are easy to drill into and put a lag, and easy to patch w/ a little premix mortar should you change it all over later...

summit said:
either way works, as long as it blocks the mantel from the heat from the stove's top and pipe.. preferably screw into the mortar joints between the bricks if you can.. they are easy to drill into and put a lag, and easy to patch w/ a little premix mortar should you change it all over later...

Thank you Summit! I'll see if i can post a pic of what i have.

John

[quote author="johnnywarm" date="1254678487"]Can you screw the heat shield to the wooden Mantel?? or do you mount it to the Brick?. I have the F 400 on the mantel not an insert.

If you screw the H/S to the underside of the mantel, you'll need 1" spacers to keep it in the approved position.
You can mount it to the brick. I'd use tapcons...
Hmm.. you sure it's not on the hearth instead of the mantel? LOL

DAKSY said:
johnnywarm said:
Can you screw the heat shield to the wooden Mantel?? or do you mount it to the Brick?. I have the F 400 on the mantel not an insert.

If you screw the H/S to the underside of the mantel, you'll need 1" spacers to keep it in the approved position.
You can mount it to the brick. I'd use tapcons...
Hmm.. you sure it's not on the hearth instead of the mantel? LOL

A second look, Its on the hearth lololol

Status
Not open for further replies.