Heatilator CAB50 convection blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bollworm

Mar 2, 2013
Hi all, I have a Heatilator Eco-Choice CAB50 pellet stove. The stove turned on and heated up but the convection blower would not turn on.

I) When I bypassed the snap disc #1, the convection blower works fine.

2) I purchased and installed a new Heatilator Eco Choice snap disc 110F-20 SRV230-1220 (from a local part store). The convection blower would not turn on.

Any ideas about this? I suppose that I bought a deficient snap disc #1. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Stupid question Did you fire up the stove and wait till it warmed up
to see if the convection blower came on?

Stupid question Did you fire up the stove and wait till it warmed up
to see if the convection blower came on?
Johneh, thank you for your help. Yes, I fired up the stove and wait for 18 minutes. Should I wait longer?

I fired up the stove and wait for 18 minutes. Should I wait longer?
Depends on how long it takes to heat exhaust to 120 ::F
The hotter the fire the shorter the time

I would like to let you know about this stupid mistake – need to install two side panels.

I heated up snap disc #1 and tested it using a multimeter. The snap disc and the convection blower work fine. I realized that I removed two side panels from the stove. When I remove two side panels, it takes a long time to trigger the snap disc because of cold air circulation. When I install two side panels, it takes 20 minutes to start the convection blower. Thank you for your help.

I would like to let you know about this stupid mistake – need to install two side panels.

I heated up snap disc #1 and tested it using a multimeter. The snap disc and the convection blower work fine. I realized that I removed two side panels from the stove. When I remove two side panels, it takes a long time to trigger the snap disc because of cold air circulation. When I install two side panels, it takes 20 minutes to start the convection blower. Thank you for your help.
Very good info, thanks!!!!!!!
Stay warm!!!