Heatilator Dexen NDV3630I

DRaab

Nov 16, 2019
Colorado
I have the above fireplace that recently stopped lighting.
Yes the gas is on, AC adaptor tested to 3V and working.
When I flip the switch it get one spark at the pilot and that's it (in the past it would do a continual rapid spark). If I flip the switch quickly off and on it advances enough gas to make a poof but again won't stay lit. I used a lighter at the pilot and turned it on but it advances just enough gas again for a quick poof. I have tried to search the web but no forum or video gets me past where I already am. Any thoughts? Any help is greatly appreciated.

DAKSY

Patriot Guard Rider Moderator
Staff member
IPI units really need good grounding. Check yours. There's a wire in the valve cavity,
usually green or black, that's screwed to the floor if the unit. Make sure the connection is tight.

DRaab

Nov 16, 2019
Colorado
IPI units really need good grounding. Check yours. There's a wire in the valve cavity,
usually green or black, that's screwed to the floor if the unit. Make sure the connection is tight.
Thanks DAKSY.
It is tight. I even disconnected it cleaned the area and reattached just in case. Same situation.

Attachments

DAKSY

Staff member
Check the igniter wire. It runs from the (green?) module to the pilot assembly.
The sheathing can get brittle & the spark will jump to the nearest ground.

DAKSY

Staff member
Also clean the rectifier which is in the pilot assembly.
Make sure that sensor is clean.
Steel wool works well...

DRaab

Nov 16, 2019
Colorado
Also clean the rectifier which is in the pilot assembly.
Make sure that sensor is clean.
Steel wool works well...
All the wires are in great shape and well secured. I will try cleaning everything in the pilot assembly next. Thanks again.

DRaab

Nov 16, 2019
Colorado
All the wires are in great shape and well secured. I will try cleaning everything in the pilot assembly next. Thanks again.
Ok, update, everything is clean and connected. Still same thing turn it on, I hear the gas advance but just one spark and the gas goes off. Only guessing that it would be one of the two last items. Is it most likely the controller pictured or the valve? Anyway to bypass the controller to test the valve?

Attachments

DRaab

Nov 16, 2019
Colorado
It's more than likely the module. No way to test it that I know of.
It's available at Walmart & here...

Amazon product
Thought outside the box a little and went to the neighbors house. They have the same unit so I borrowed their control module and it worked. Just ordered a new one. Case closed!
Thanks DAKSY.

Reactions: DAKSY