heatilator/eco choice ps 35 issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

lyne58

Dec 21, 2022
missouri
i have a ps 35 that is roughly 5 or 6 yrs old. a couple of years ago i started to have problems with the snap 2 disc tripping. i replaced it and had no issues again that yr and last yr it was only a problem a couple of times. this yr the snap disc seems to trip every few days. the thing that is most frustrating is that during the day it will run no problems but once we go to bed it will start tripping and some nights i am up four or five times resetting it. i deep clean the stove once a week and empty the fire pot daily. i also clean the stove pipe twice a month. of course starting tomorrow we are suppose to have feels like temps in the -30's and the stove has decided to act up again. at the moment it is doing okay as long as i have the stove set on low. because my elderly mother lives with me i have the thermostat set up to 74 because she is on blood thinners and always cold. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If it only shuts off at night, could it be shutting off after a certain amount of hours running?

Snap disc #2 is associated with the auger motor as protection- two things you can do, have you changed out the snapdisc?
I'd try that first, if persists with new one, probably auger motor is the issue...

Snap disc #2 is associated with the auger motor as protection- two things you can do, have you changed out the snapdisc?
I'd try that first, if persists with new one, probably auger motor is the issue...
not changed out the snap disc yet, have to order one as no one near me carries pellet stove supplies. i have been wanting to replace the auger motor but thought one of the fans needed to be replaced first