Heatilator eco wins 18 insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We don't hear too many reports on this stove, but from what I have seen it's a decent value insert. Looks a lot like a value Quadrafire.

An outstanding value in my opinion. You get a lot for your money, its a copy of a quad 3100 insert, a little thinner skinned and a lot less cost. The blower is mounted on the Left side facing, vertical and it does have a manual/auto blower switch and var speed. It is a good, no frills heater, good for about 1200-1500 sqft here in Ct. 16-18 inch pieces of wood, about 6-7 hour burn time. You won't be sorry.

An outstanding value in my opinion. You get a lot for your money, its a copy of a quad 3100 insert, a little thinner skinned and a lot less cost. The blower is mounted on the Left side facing, vertical and it does have a manual/auto blower switch and var speed. It is a good, no frills heater, good for about 1200-1500 sqft here in Ct. 16-18 inch pieces of wood, about 6-7 hour burn time. You won't be sorry.
Thanks stovelark, any idea of how thick the top plate is ? Sides ? I do like the blower options on it a lot .thanks

Pretty sure the top plate steel is 1/4in and the body is 3/16. It is plenty rugged and has a limited lifetime warranty just like Quadrafire does. Its made by Heatilator, a sister company to Quadrafire, also owned by HHT (Hearth and Home Technologies), the same company that owns Heatilator, Heat and Glo, Quadrafire, Harman and recently acquired Vermont Castings. They are trying to get a monopoly, and have quite the staple so far.....

Pretty sure the top plate steel is 1/4in and the body is 3/16. It is plenty rugged and has a limited lifetime warranty just like Quadrafire does. Its made by Heatilator, a sister company to Quadrafire, also owned by HHT (Hearth and Home Technologies), the same company that owns Heatilator, Heat and Glo, Quadrafire, Harman and recently acquired Vermont Castings. They are trying to get a monopoly, and have quite the staple so far.....
Thank you, greatly appreciated !

Did you ever end up buying this my friend? I have one and havent used it yet so excited to see how it does!

Did you ever end up buying this my friend? I have one and havent used it yet so excited to see how it does!
He got a nice deal on a used Lopi 1750i instead.

I have the freestanding stove version. Burns really well. Pumice bricks are fragile. Place the wood dont toss.

Reactions: begreen
I have the freestanding stove version. Burns really well. Pumice bricks are fragile. Place the wood dont toss.

Ah nice! Did you get the fan with yours? The insert version automatically comes with the fan but I don't plan on using it...
Luckily the bricks are all intact in mine. I'll keep that in mind thanks for your input

The pumice bricks last ok, if taken care of. Listen to don't chunk in the wood, place it in. Make sure you use the fan, its integral to the insert working like it should, unless there is a power outage, then you don't have a choice. Unlike the FS version (which has convection shell on its sides and back too) most of the insert sits inside the fireplace. You'll appreciate having the blower.

Reactions: Jan Pijpelink
The pumice bricks last ok, if taken care of. Listen to don't chunk in the wood, place it in. Make sure you use the fan, its integral to the insert working like it should, unless there is a power outage, then you don't have a choice. Unlike the FS version (which has convection shell on its sides and back too) most of the insert sits inside the fireplace. You'll appreciate having the blower.

I've heard that but just not a fan of the fan, haha. I like a traditional fireplace and plugging in something and listening that annoying humming like a microwave just doesn't mesh with what I want. Also the insert is in a small 225 sq foot room, and entire floor it's on is only 600 sq ft. Also a buddy of mine has a similar insert, doesn't use the fan, and we're usually sweating within the hour so hoping it'll be fine.

Ah nice! Did you get the fan with yours? The insert version automatically comes with the fan but I don't plan on using it...
Luckily the bricks are all intact in mine. I'll keep that in mind thanks for your input

No stove fan. I have a huge ceiling fan in the cathedral ceiling that moves heat around really well.