Heatilator Fireplace GCDC80L will not light

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

davidledge

Jan 23, 2022
North Carolina
I have two of these fireplaces in my home I built in 2002. They have never produced much heat but for the last 10 years or so they give us a problem to get them to light. I leave the pilot on year around but when winter comes they just will not lite. One of them lit a few days ago once and the other has not lit. It is this every year, sometimes I call a service guy out he bangs around and then they work for a while. Most of the time when they do come on it is like they sit with gas coming in until it accumulates and a big bang it shakes the unit and lites, I think one day it will brake the glass out. Any help.
David Edge

Are you using a wall switch or a remote?
Have you tried removing the wall switch
from the wall, disconnecting the wires from
the switch & touching the bare ends together?

Are you using a wall switch or a remote?
Have you tried removing the wall switch
from the wall, disconnecting the wires from
the switch & touching the bare ends together?
yes I have a wall switch and I have tried connecting the wires and nothing, I installed a new thermostat and same problem

Be carefull

yes I have a wall switch and I have tried connecting the wires and nothing, I installed a new thermostat and same problem
I just looked at your profile. I am a motorhome person just not full timer. I have been at it since 94 and enjoy it. Planning my first trip this year in three weeks to Florida.