Heatilator gnrc33

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bhesse

Nov 21, 2014
Seattle
Hi, we have a Heatilator gas fireplace that won't fire when we flip the wall switch. It has a pilot that I cannot get to light either when I try to relite using the instructions in the control box, was working last year then went out by itself and the pilot went out to. Is it a Wall switch problem or control box problem, can it be diagnosed by me dont really have the 269.00 for a service call here
Thanks

Remove the plate & the wall switch from the box. Remove the two wires from the switch & touch them together. If the unit lights, it's the switch. Replace it. If it doesn't you have to look elsewhere...Let us know how you make out & we'll take it from there.

Reactions: bhesse
Removed switch and by passed or hooked the two wire together. Still no light and I do have spark from piezoelectric lighter

Take the front glass off & remove the logs - remembering their placement.
Stick your head in the firebox when you depress the PILOT knob.
*** DO NOT HIT THE IGNITER ***
Do you hear a hissing sound? If you do, keep doing this until you smell the fuel.
Get your face outta there & THEN hit the igniter.
Lemme know how you make out.

Make sure your peizo igniter isn't grounding out to somewhere else.
You want ALL the spark to hit the gas flow at the pilot hood.

Status
Not open for further replies.