Heatilator maybe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We bought a house and it’s got two blowers on each side of the fireplace. Controls on the left with variable fan speed and thermostat. Oh and its

how do I find the manufacturer?

how do I calibrate the thermostat?

91C07D52-F73A-4752-B813-94B8836B1F44.jpeg FFDD4BC3-F382-4F87-8D54-4B2E7453DB87.jpeg

I'm guessing heatilator was a brand, as we all know it was called. My father put one in the house he built 70 years ago. It was a steel firebox that you built masonry fireplace around, leaving a void around the firebox. Vents in to the room on the bottom on each side. and vents on top. There were fans in the vents to move the air. I guess better than a regular fireplace. But I do remember we had no power for days. The fireplace was fairly useless.

Reactions: bigredcherokee
That is correct. The general term for the style fireplace that has a metal core with heat tubes or an outer jacket to transfer heat convectively into the room is a heatform fireplace. Heatilator is one of several companies that made them, but like Kleenex becoming the common name for all tissues, the name stuck to define all of this style fireplace.