Heatilator P35 issue staying lit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Maddog22

Aug 19, 2014
Pennsylvania
I’ve had the Heatilator P35 pellet stove for 4 years. I had issue with it staying lit, and VERY slow to start up (would feed pelleted, but not enough to light, unless I hit “reset” button few times to dump extra pellets in.
Thinking it was a drafting issue, I replaced the 6’ chimney pipe that it was installed with, to a full length chimney liner. I checked around the door for any leaks.
Finally had it started and ran for about 3 hours on its own, after the new chimney was installed. Then the fire just fizzled out again. Hit reset to try and kick it back up, to no avail. What could cause this to keep cutting out?
I’ve checked all snap discs and now at a loss. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Is the combustion blower clean? Is the auger stopped when fire goes out? Jump the vac switch?

Is the combustion blower clean? Is the auger stopped when fire goes out? Jump the vac switch?

Everything is clean, made sure of that - when we installed the liner yesterday, I blew out all parts inside and out. The auger was not feeding anything when it went out. My brother in law was helping me with the diagnosis. I know we tested the snap discs, I’ll have to see about the vacuum switch.
Thanks

Use a flashlight and a mirror to look up the drop chute to see if any bridging is going on due to long pellets. It could also be bridging at bottom of hopper, if pellets are too long. You can push down with your fingers to break em up. Is the feed adjusting rod, set correctly for the fuel you are using? And you may have to pull the auger to see if there is any obstruction in the auger shaft. kap

Everything is clean, made sure of that - when we installed the liner yesterday, I blew out all parts inside and out. The auger was not feeding anything when it went out. My brother in law was helping me with the

Thanks! Sometimes it’s the simple and overlooked things that will fix it. Although I think drafting was an issue and now corrected with a full chimney liner, problem was solved with increasing the feed rate. In the last 4 years Its always run perfect on the lowest setting, kind of forgot about the adjustment. Been running good for 3 days now. Thanks for the help!

Try cleaning inside of ceramic thermocouple cap and make sure tip of thermocouple touches tip of cap. Betting thermocouple is telling computer fire has died out and to stop feeding pellets. If control box red LED turns to green while running in lower setting then this is a strong possibility.

Higher feed rate (More pellets) and increased heat to thermocouple got you around this issue.

Glad it was an easy fix. Stay warm. kap