3fordasho Posted By 3fordasho, Jan 16, 2018 at 9:54 AM

1. surefire

surefire
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 15, 2014
    Loc:
    Saskatchewan
    I wonder why the manual recommends "below" instead of "above"...

2. 3fordasho

3fordasho
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 20, 2007
    Loc:
    South Central Minnesota
    Wondering the same. I think many are above because it's a retrofit install and the a/c coil is already installed right on the top of the furnace outlet sheet metal. I know in my case there is plenty of room above the a/c coil, and because the sheetmetal widens out there is room for a bigger WAHX.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. surefire

surefire
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 15, 2014
    Loc:
    Saskatchewan
    How much is it costing you per year for chemicals?

4. hondaracer2oo4

hondaracer2oo4
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Jan 18, 2012
    Loc:
    Canterbury NH
    The last two samples I sent I didn't have to add any treatment. They give you one bottle of treatment at purchase which is enough to treat the majority of people's water. I moved my boiler te first year so I had to drain it and refill so I bought another bottle which was $75 to retreat the water. I only have to add 2-3 gallons of makeup water per season. I can't imagine I'll have to ever use much treatment unless I have to drain my water again.

surefire likes this.
  5. clayh88

clayh88
    Member 2.
    NULL

May 4, 2015
    Loc:
    Nebraska
    Hey guys don’t want to high jack this at all but like what I’m reading. 3fordasho I’ve talked with you in the past about the lovely drolet tundra. Used a lot of your mods and made it better and safer. It’s been a good unit and I plan to keep using it but am considering going to an owb. Read a lot of questinable things about new central boiler units and a lot good things about the G200. Did you end up going with one? I don’t think I will do storage but I would like to heat 3000sq ft house 1200 sq ft garage and in the few years 2400-3000 sq feet shop. So similar to what you are heating. Any of you other guys with one have any input. And do you have any suggestions on good dealers to go thru in the Midwest/ Nebraska area.

6. 3fordasho

3fordasho
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 20, 2007
    Loc:
    South Central Minnesota
    One of my must haves was the boiler installed in one of my existing outbuildings. The G200 would be a tight fit in the building I want to use and I'm not adding more square footage to be taxed on. So I decided an indoor gasifier and separate storage is the route I will go. If the OWB packaging was the fit for me the G200 is the one I would go with, my research found only good reviews.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...