Heatmaster G4000 or G7000

  • Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

    We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

    We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The wood was well aged, in fact had been dried for so long that it was able to absorb a lot of rain water in the fall.
I had that happen with 3 yr old maple several years ago. It's the only time I have had an issue with creosote build up.
I tested the wood with the moisture meter I bought from my furnace dealer.
Was the wood split first and then tested on the freshly exposed face of the wood?
 
  • Like
Reactions: sloeffle