Heatmore vs Heatmaster

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hickey84

Jul 21, 2023
Ontario
Hello Fellas,

I'm just looking to see if anyone here could chime in on these 2 Units.

I am looking at a Heatmore M-200 and a Heatmaster MF7000e. Both are non- gasification.

Thanks in advance.

If you aren’t going to be burning coal I’d look at a gasification unit. The multi-pass units are definitively better than the old smoke dragons though.

I’ve heard good things about both companies. I’d look at a Crown Royal MP too if you have a dealer close by.

I'd look at a Crown Royal MP too if you have a dealer close by.
I have a Crown 7400MP and it's a great stove. I looked into every other boiler with a dealer within 2hrs of me and this one wasn't the least expensive by any means but the shaker grates, forced induction and multi pass made lots of sense to me.

If you have a nice supply of hardwoods I'd consider a gasser but if you have mostly fence line junk wood like I do the ol' smoke dragon will be happier with that than a gasser.

To put in a non-gasser in most places you have to have it hooked to a shop/shed/outbuilding of some kind and you may as well run a pipe to the house as long as it's there. In MN I had to say it was for hearing my farm shop or I couldn't buy it. No one cared or asked if it was also heating the house.

Everyone around here had Heatmore and Heatmaster stoves and they've almost all been replaced with Crown and Central Boiler stoves. Central Boiler makes a really nice conventional stove as well.

I would not invest in either if they are not gasification boilers...
Free would be a different story.
Agreed. There's no way I'm spending the kind of money it takes to properly install a boiler system, and it not be a gasser!
Central Boiler makes a really nice conventional stove as well.
Read: hungry hungry smoke dragon.

Reactions: salecker
Agreed. There's no way I'm spending the kind of money it takes to properly install a boiler system, and it not be a gasser!

Read: hungry hungry smoke dragon.
Maybe the OP is going to burn coal ????

Knowing people that have gassers near me I'd do my hungry hungry smoke dragon again in a heartbeat. Cut wood, throw wood in, take ash out, clean multi-pass weekly. Super simple. It'll burn coal, wet or dry wood and most anything else that is flammable. I have more wood than I'll ever be able to burn so going through a little extra doesn't bother me in the least. OP may be in the same situation.

With the stove, PEX lines, heat exchangers and everything else related to my stove I'm an easy $30k into this adventure. It replaces close to 3000gal of LP/yr though so it doesn't take long to cash flow.

Maybe the OP is going to burn coal ????

Knowing people that have gassers near me I'd do my hungry hungry smoke dragon again in a heartbeat. Cut wood, throw wood in, take ash out, clean multi-pass weekly. Super simple. It'll burn coal, wet or dry wood and most anything else that is flammable. I have more wood than I'll ever be able to burn so going through a little extra doesn't bother me in the least. OP may be in the same situation.
Maybe, if so then an mf7000e is a good choice.
If burning wood, even with "having more than you could ever use", burning twice as much doesn't come free or easily. And that's is what dads old CB burnt, twice as much as the Heatmaster G10000, 22cords vs 11. That's a lot less wood!

Last edited:
Reactions: salecker
Maybe, if so then an mf7000e is a good choice.
If burning wood, even with "having more than you could ever use", burning twice as much doesn't come free or easily. And that's is what dads old CB burnt, twice as much as the Heatmaster G10000, 22cords vs 11. That's a lot less wood!
That is a lot less wood !! If I had I had nice hardwood stuff to burn I'd have had a gasser no question about it. The crappy quality stuff I have I was told won't work well in one though. And I don't think they burn coal yet which I intent to supplement with this coming winter.

Our first boiler was one of these it burnt 22 cords in a year!!!
The pig wood boiler.jpeg
Jetstream a early gasser with a 1000 gallons of storage burnt 4 cords a year!!!

Over 15 years thats 255 cords ,alot off wood!!!

Reactions: brenndatomu
The crappy quality stuff I have I was told won't work well in one though.
Oh I dunno about that...dad/brother had lots of sub premo stuff lined up for the old CB that first winter, the G10000 ate it without complaint...I think they changed some settings in the computer during this time, but that is easy.

For a gasser all it needs to be is dry
An old smoke dragon needs the same.
But...
All the salesman told everybody it will burn anything !!!
yea since then technoligy has actually improved.

Reactions: cumminstinkerer
Thanks for all in input guys.

Access to a large wood lot. Looking to burn what I can clean up on some farms. I’m from Ontario and right now there is a huge amount of dead ash trees.

I think I’ll be doing some more homework into the gassers. I want to do this properly. It’s a big investment.

I’m going to have the furnace stick into a shed 1 foot and there is enough room to stack atleast 8 bush cords of wood in there.

Reactions: hobbyheater
Thanks for all in input guys.

Access to a large wood lot. Looking to burn what I can clean up on some farms. I’m from Ontario and right now there is a huge amount of dead ash trees.

I think I’ll be doing some more homework into the gassers. I want to do this properly. It’s a big investment.

I’m going to have the furnace stick into a shed 1 foot and there is enough room to stack atleast 8 bush cords of wood in there.
The only cord I know is 128 cubic feet ! How many cubic feet is there in a bush cord?

Bush cord 128 cubic feet. Face cord is 32
All depends on the lenght
Myself if anyone tried to sell me a bush cord it better be 4 ft lengths...
There is no legal bush cord,but there is a legal cord.