HeatWave Fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepp31

Oct 9, 2008
Central IL
I have been using an ecofan now for about 3 years. It sits on top of my Avalon Olympic stove but has slowed down considerably over the years. Does anyone have any experience with the Heatwave fan and if so is it as quiet and does it last longer without slowing down?

I have been looking into the heatwave also.
According to the specs it puts out more cfm then the eco.
It looks like the only maint on it would be to clean it out.
I don't think it is as quiet on the eco, (watch some of there videos on there website), because of the sterling engine makes a small tapping sound when running.

It can also take more heat then the eco, if you get the eco over 700 you can damage the unit, for the heatwave you would have to get it over 1,000. Which is kinda funny on there website if you get it to 1,000 call the fire department because your house is on fire. :)

Nah, its entirely conceivable to get a stovetop temperature upwards of 1000 degrees. A good bed of coals, dry wood and a good draft is all you need to get it done. You mgiht have some gasket fitment problems down the road, but we used to get stovetop temps in the 900-1000 degree range in my mom's old Defiant back in the day...though to be fair the front doors used to have this odd orang-ish tint to them at the time as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.