Hello, and a quick question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldbenwa

Feb 22, 2012
Minnesota
Hello everyone, I've spent countless hours reading all the posts on here, but this is my first post. Thank you to everyone for all the information and help provided here.

We have a factory built fireplace that we use occasionally, I looked up the flue yesterday and noticed this little gap where two of the sections meet. Is this anything to be worried about?

IMG_0036.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum. Is this looking up the flue pipe? If so, I think the gap looks normal. The folded seam pushes in the wall of the pipe a little.

When you clean the chimney watch for any creosote in that spot. If there is, then you have a leak; if not, you are good to go. Good luck Ben and welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the hearth.

That gap don't look to bad unless it is leaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.