help assembling pacific energy spectrum

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty Grant

Feb 10, 2006
questions about a pacific energy spectrum, (1) where does the insulation blanket go, above or below the flame plate? (2) should the flame plate touch the rear of the fire box? and how big of a spacer should there be between the bolt bracket and flame plate? when this was taken apart the bolt, spacer, and pin were lost. I need to know how big of a spacer to put between the bolt and the flame plate. this is a spectrum classic #wh157743. can anybody tell me what year this stove was manufactured by this serial no.? thanks for any help you can give me, Ty

sounds like you are dealing with an older pe... som pics of the parts would be helpful.

I think Tom might still be burning in this model.

Calling thechimineysweep to the front desk. Old Spectrum needing assistance.

I can tell ya the blanket goes on top of the baffle plate and the plate touches the rear of the stove. I would need to see pics of the bracket to remember what spacer your talking about

BeGreen, you speak in stentorian tones. I heard your call clear up here in Bham, even over the pounding surf.

The flame plate shields the top plate of the stove. It is attached via a pre-drilled mounting tab, visible through the flue collar at the front edge of the flue opening when you remove the stovepipe. To install the plate, you first drop a bolt through the hole in the mounting tab and tighten it on with nut A from below. There's a hole in the flame plate, centered near one edge. Orient the flame plate so the hole is towards the rear of the stove (and the plate doesn't intrude into the flue opening), and push the plate up so the bolt you just installed protrudes through the hole. Now thread on nut B, and tighten it to hold the flame plate in place (nut A acts as a spacer).

The ceramic blanket sits on top of the baffle plate, a couple of inches below the flame plate.

Sorry, I don't have a cross-ref for serial number-to-date of manufacture.

Ha, ha. I had to look up stentorian. Usually I'm the soft spoken guy. Must be the winds from the south were just right today.

Status
Not open for further replies.