Help Choosing Delivered Pellets in Rhode Island

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RI_P43

Dec 17, 2009
West Warwick, RI
Hello,

We are about to start our second season with the Harman P43.

Last year we burned just about 3 tons of Green Team (purchased at Lowes). I didn't have any problems with them.

Now, I am considering other products but I want to buy SOON!

I'm located in Rhode Island (West Warwick, to be exact) and I'm looking to have pellets delivered (I need 3 tons and all I have is a Saturn wagon - it would take a lot of trips to get 3 tons home!)

I could get Green Team again from Lowes for 5.97 per bag x 150 bags - $100 discount for buying 3 tons + $65 delivery fee + tax(?)

One local shop is selling New England Wood pellets for $289 per ton, $50 discount if you buy 3 tons, $50 delivery fee.

Woodpellets.com is selling the following:
Cleanfire Pacific $269/ton, $69 delivery fee
Granules LG for $279/ton, $69 delivery fee
Cleanfire Hardwood $259/ton, $69 delivery fee
Indeck Energy $239/ton, $69 delivery fee

Does anybody have any recommendations or know of other places that will deliver a better product or better price to zip code 02893?

Thank you!

The prices you posted for all of those pellets are HIGH, IMO. Most people in the NE are getting good pellets for $250 or less.

The LG's are a good pellet. So are the CleanFire pacific....I have read on this forum that they will be made this year by Princeton Co-Generation…they are the same mill that makes Eagle Valley pellets, which are considered to be a good brand.

I burned a ton of the CleanFire Hardwood (made by NEWP for WoodPellets.com) and was disappointed...not a good pellet, IMO.

I know nothing about Indeck pellets.

As for the NEWP's, they had "issues" from their Schuyler, NY plant last year....supposedly have fixed those problems this year, but I would take a "wait-n-see" with them. If they are from the N.H. plant, they were better.

Hopefully, someone from your area will chime in with the other places to buy pellets.

Another vote on the LG's
Second would be the cleanfire Pacifics
3rd CleanFire Hardwood or NEWP. NEWP NH is a good pellet.

Haven't had a chance to burn the Indecks. Hopefully someone will post a comment on them. But there most likely cheap for a reason. Proceed with caution on those!

RI_P43, Yesterday I ordered from www.primopellets.com. They're a company out of CT and deliver to RI. There prices a very good from what I've found and the delivery charge is very reasonable, I'm 100 miles one way. I ordered 3 ton of Hamer's $224 per ton, and 2 pallets of Okies $323.70 per 1.3ton-delivery cost is $130.

Hope this helps!!

-Matt

Doug Middleton and I have teamed up to try and get more folks to use okanagan's. Fill out the form on my website and get a personal email from Doug to let you know where the nearest dealer to you is.

I would give you the info if I had it. He knows who has stock.

http://www.pelletstoveservice.com/okanagan_dealers.html

These dealers will most likely also offer other brands but will be close to you. The dealers control their own pricing.

smwilliamson said:
Doug Middleton and I have teamed up....

Uh OH...you and BTU have teamed up??? Is this, like, tag team in wrestling? :ahhh:

Hey macho man! Seriously, it's an experiment. In full disclosure, I'm not getting paid in any way to promote him on the site. Just have WAY too many customers with pellet fuel problems and I want to offer them a better experience. He's got a good rep, so I figure if I hang around with him it will rub off.

RI_P43 said:
Hello,

We are about to start our second season with the Harman P43.

Last year we burned just about 3 tons of Green Team (purchased at Lowes). I didn't have any problems with them.

Now, I am considering other products but I want to buy SOON!

I'm located in Rhode Island (West Warwick, to be exact) and I'm looking to have pellets delivered (I need 3 tons and all I have is a Saturn wagon - it would take a lot of trips to get 3 tons home!)

I could get Green Team again from Lowes for 5.97 per bag x 150 bags - $100 discount for buying 3 tons + $65 delivery fee + tax(?)

One local shop is selling New England Wood pellets for $289 per ton, $50 discount if you buy 3 tons, $50 delivery fee.

Woodpellets.com is selling the following:
Cleanfire Pacific $269/ton, $69 delivery fee
Granules LG for $279/ton, $69 delivery fee
Cleanfire Hardwood $259/ton, $69 delivery fee
Indeck Energy $239/ton, $69 delivery fee

Does anybody have any recommendations or know of other places that will deliver a better product or better price to zip code 02893?

Thank you!

Give me a call or check out the website 860-779-7500 we are approx 26 miles from you in Eastern CT.

I'll second the service and prices on Long Pond Stove Shop!

Well, Lowes by my place is having a sale on pellets and they will combine it with a military discount. The catch is that they won't guarantee what brand gets delivered. They have Somersets out front, but they also are carrying three other brands - the only thing I know is that this Lowes says they are out of Greene Team.

So, I'm wondering if it is worth the risk of ending up with crappy pellets.

The price for 3 tons delivered would be $690. A great price if they are Somersets...but what if they are a crappy brand?

Any thoughts?

RI_P43 said:
Well, Lowes by my place is having a sale on pellets and they will combine it with a military discount. The catch is that they won't guarantee what brand gets delivered. They have Somersets out front....

How about going over there about an hour before you're scheduled delivery time, and ask the forklift operator to "please" put Somersets on the truck. A $10 "thank you" tip in advance might help too.

Status
Not open for further replies.