Help Choosing my Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just updated the prices, when I added them to my cart they reflected their true price. The Spruce Pointe is priced at $346.80!! _g:eek: I'll be passing on those this year, I've spent a lot of money this year and I'm starting to get that look from my wife right now........:mad:

Oh, and the $10.00 discount for 3 or more pallets only applies when you purchase the same brand pellet.
The Spruce Pointes are nice and one of the pellets I burned in my Harman last year. The price you see is for a 60 bag skid and not for a ton, so you can recalculate the ton cost. Not a bad option since if you bought five skids (or six tons) you are actually paying delivery for five tons.

I enjoyed the softwoods much more in my stove as it required much less cleaning than the others. The glass tends to dirty up faster with soft, but at takes one quick wipe every few days. You do get what you pay for, and the one brand I would recommend steering clear of is New England. The worst on all counts in my experience. Vermont Softs are classic if you can get them and my choice for this year again. I will also be trying Lacrete.

I'm a softwood burner, and would recommend a softwood over a hardwood every day of the week.

Some of the blends are ok, but some are crap.

I would suggest you buy 10 bags of every different pellet, and see what you like best...

Reactions: Augmister
Status
Not open for further replies.