help: Fan speed Harman Accentra Insert 3 years old.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jared160

Apr 27, 2013
Harrisburg
Bought this stove and installed it myself before winter. My questions:
1. I can see the LED light brighten when i turn temp control up (high fan) but the fan doesn't seem to increase speeds. In fact I have never noticed and increase or decrease in fan speed.
2. I don't notice a lot hot air being pushed out of the grate
3. Do i need to worry about a draft meter?

thanks

OAK
Zero Clearance
Direct Vent
Hamers pellets
Cleaned about every 30-40 bags.
lots of black ash.

Black ash means you don't have enough air getting to your stove. Make sure the small gate where the oak connects can move freely.

In terms of the draft meter I would definitely pick one up. They can be had for under 50 bucks and are great for testing. I installed my self and used the draft meter to set my low draft settings and get a baseline.

The fan speed on the Harman is only for for the distribution fan and not the combustion fan. The distribution fan kicks on only once the stove gets hot enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.