Help Finding the UL rating information for this stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

millstev1

Nov 2, 2020
Pocatello Idaho
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me find out the UL rating information for this stove. From what I have found out is that the company is no longer in business. I am trying to get this information so that my insurance company will insure my home with it attached.

Attachments

• 20201030_145523.jpg
    20201030_145523.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 20201030_145615.jpg
    20201030_145615.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 98
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me find out the UL rating information for this stove. From what I have found out is that the company is no longer in business. I am trying to get this information so that my insurance company will insure my home with it attached.
If there is no ul tag on it legally it is unlisted regardless of whether it was when made or not. And it is very likely it was never listed

So do you know what I could provide to the insurance company so that I can get the home insured
If they require the stove to be a listed stove you will have to remove it. If they just want to be sure it is installed safely an inspection report showing it is installed to nfpa standards for unlisted stoves should be enough.

Some companies simply will not write a policy for a home with an unlisted stove though.