Help FP30 Inlet Airshield orientation urgent

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

pocono53

Sep 23, 2014
Northeast PA
Can someone take a pic of the airshield inlet at the front interior of their FP30 for me please...I need this asap.

Buddy of mine cleaned out my fireplace and I think he put it in backwards. Theres a gap once you open the door. I dont recall that gap. I also thought the piece had some holes on the top but I dont see them..... I have a full load in now

Thanks guys

Actually it might not be that piece... its the front steel piece on the bottom of the firebox that covers where the air comes into the firebox. Bent 3 inch piece of steel that covers it....

Sounds like the boost air manifold cover. If so, the holes face inward, toward the base of the fire.

Only if you stick your head in the firebox and look backwards toward the front lip.

Holes face inwards...... towards firebox

Attachments

• 1572136183861-1352770234.jpg
    1572136183861-1352770234.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 73