Help ID this Florence hot blast

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Stevejo

Mar 23, 2023
Ky.
Just purchased an old Florence hot blast. Seller wasn’t sure but thought it was from 20’s-30’s No tags or plates casting embodiments that I can see other than the front plate. Says “Florence hot blast”.
Any guesses on year and model #?
Or even where a model number may be stamped into it? Pics enclosed.

9D52B524-72A9-4996-A0E1-232AA979CDED.jpeg 5D0D8BA2-1CC2-415E-8405-456F68BEE29F.jpeg 0A06BC58-6AF7-4B70-A5F9-B1FFB27C2C9A.jpeg

The time period sounds right based on the cabinet style. Florence Hot Blast was a parlor stove model line in the late 1800s by C. Emrich of Columbus, Ohio. It looks like the name carried on to newer "modern" versions in the deco style.

Reactions: Stevejo
The time period sounds right based on the cabinet style. Florence Hot Blast was a parlor stove model line in the late 1800s by C. Emrich of Columbus, Ohio. It looks like the name carried on to newer "modern" versions in the deco style.
Any idea what model number it is or where I could find it? Done everything but turn it upside down and don’t see anything that looks like letters or numbers anywhere.
Is there a “standard” spot that stove manufacturers use to stamp or tag stoves ?
Thanks.

With the jacket off there may be a number cast on some part, or maybe not. Not all stove models were numbered. Ask around at some of the good antique stove restoration websites.

The stove may be even newer. C. Emrich didn't change styles much. This is a 1949 calendar from eBay.

View attachment 311414
I think you found it. 👍
Thanks !

the square hole or mica on the front of the door are different from the unit you have and the one pictured in what begreen found. that might be a different year

the square hole or mica on the front of the door are different from the unit you have and the one pictured in what begreen found. that might be a different year
Good eye. Think the top is slightly different also. Slightly different size and placement of the outer shroud panels, and the one he shows seems to have an extra “skirt” between the legs also, but probably close enough to be parts interchangeable if by some miracle I stumble across any. At least I have an approximate date of manufacture.

The stove may be even newer. C. Emrich didn't change styles much. This is a 1949 calendar from eBay.

View attachment 311414
Would this stove have had firebrick originally? None in it but has these secondary plates that separate the fuel from the outer casting.

Would this stove have had firebrick originally? None in it but has these secondary plates that separate the fuel from the outer casting.
I don't know. It may just have the burn plates creating the coal basket. You might try the coal pail forum to get in touch with another owner of a hot blast stove.
Just checked. Looks like you already have an inquiry there.

Possibly model number 801-5-LT ?
(Found on inside of front shell panel)

3F101EFB-9A5A-4F64-8E77-2F0C48537363.jpeg

It might be a model 801 or it might just be a casting ID. Is there a mate on the other side with a similar number, but 801-5-RT?
No number on the other side that I can see.
I’ll be dismantling it over the summer anyway to overhaul it anyway. Maybe I’ll come across it then. I guess the exact model number doesn’t matter because the methods of resealing it and adding a refractory lining would be the same regardless and i doubt I can get any parts anyway. Probably last my lifetime since it’s only for Emery use anyway.

Just an update on this inquiry. I actually found what looks to be a model number in this thing. It was actually INSIDE the stoves firebox. The casting says
“C Emrich company , Columbus Ohio, No 81”
Also had a casting print on the front below some skirting that says “81-22” (I think)

Wondering if the “Florence” hot blast is just a “line” of stoves made by this company or how that worked.

Can anyone point me to some further info on this thing with this data?

Thanks