Help Identify this Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smoke show

Attachments

• 3k13o63pa5O65V45P6b94811759d4d16716f8.jpg
    3k13o63pa5O65V45P6b94811759d4d16716f8.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 489
  • 3md3o23lf5Y35V45O4b94b90787af17ce1cea.jpg
    3md3o23lf5Y35V45O4b94b90787af17ce1cea.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 454
Lots of stoves look like that. Englander makes one, Pel Pro, US Stove, Brackwell, etc..... Its a BBB (Big Black Box) . If it works and comes with vent, I would say $400-$500??? I paid $300 for My 25-PDV with 22 Bags of pellets amd all venting.

called the guy, he said its an earthstove.
didn't know what model or age. said it works.
he's lookin to get $300. gonna try gettin there tonite.
prolly low ball $200. see if he takes it.

The Make/Model and date of Manufacture should be on the testing label, along with clearance to combustibles. Most stoves are done by Warnock Hersey. Will be inside the hopper, on the lower left/right side. Find it and all the questions you have will be answered.

smoke show said:
called the guy, he said its an earthstove.
didn't know what model or age. said it works.
he's lookin to get $300. gonna try gettin there tonite.
prolly low ball $200. see if he takes it.

I seem to remember a post by Webmaster Craig a year or 2 ago with his thoughts on the EarthStoves, in general. As I remember, he didn't have too many things good to say. You might want to shoot him a PM and pick his brain, if he doesn't comment on this thread first.

Replacement parts may be hard to come by. Only place i know that sells them is www.woodheatstoves.com

Went and looked at it tonite.
Couldn't even low ball the guy.
was a dirty, filthy, messy, rust bucket.
only thing it had going was all that venting.
Its an Earth Stove RP45.
didn't bother checkin a build date.
If the dudes explainin it rite it don't have a comb blower.
He says it requires above the roof line vertical flue for proper draft.
The search continues.

They had combustion blowers they were just positive pressure instead of negative. Earthstoves weren't horrible quality wise, but weren't very efficient either. Lennox bought and discontinued the brand so unless something has changed in the last few years there aren't any factory parts available.

there was no adjustment for combustion blower, just a draft adjustment down by the ash pan.
maybe the comb blower adjusts with auger control?
also was a top vent.

Do not by it, unless you need a boat anchor.

looking at a us stove 6033 and an ashley 5500 tomorrow night.
$500 each.

Status
Not open for further replies.