Help identifying a wood burning stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Lander89

Dec 10, 2018
Thrapston
I am trying to identify our wood burning stove, we are having no luck online and wondering if someone could help. The picture is attached.

19-E455-A7-8-DF9-4134-B289-4-D1687-EEE323.jpg
https://ibb.co/yXYfXVh

Last edited by a moderator:
I am trying to identify our wood burning stove, we are having no luck online and wondering if someone could help. The picture is attached.

Definitely not a wood stove. That is a picture of googly-eyed animal portraits. Hope that helps.

Wood-Stove.jpg
look like this one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the condition is really good, it was very poorly fitted so we have got a professional in to refit it but he can’t sign it off without knowing the type of wood burned as there are no model or serial numbers on it.bit of a nightmare really.

Franklin stove, made in the 1970's, its wood gobbler and very inefficient. I believe the clearences are 36" on all sides for this since these were not UL tested, automatically reverts to the nfpa rules for unlisted solid burning devices.

Yeah the condition is really good, it was very poorly fitted so we have got a professional in to refit it but he can’t sign it off without knowing the type of wood burned as there are no model or serial numbers on it.bit of a nightmare really.
What do you mean by type of wood?

Those Franklin stoves were made by a dozen or so "fly-by-night" foundries back on the 70's. Very inefficient but they looked better then they performed. I had one for about a year 30 some years ago. Yours looks like it may have been one of the better ones though. Kevin.

It is not a Franklin stove

Fixed the stove image. Note that this is a UK posting and a European stove.