Help Identifying

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

leodaso

Mar 20, 2020
MINNESOTA
This stove came with purchasing our home. It heats our pole barn quite well in the winter months. It has no discernable markings or plates except a "X4689" stamped on the top back lip. It came without a proper door (removed for pictures) and seems to be missing side "vent" covers. I'd like to find/craft the missing parts for it. It would help to at least get a reference photo or an idea. I know there were many stove makers back in the day, and even home made ones. This one looks commercial. Thanks for any direction.

Attachments

• 20200320_224703.jpg
    20200320_224703.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 115
  • 20200320_224726.jpg
    20200320_224726.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 127
Looks like an older Blaze King. There should be a UL tag on back.

Does it have a door? or is it being used as a fireplace? It definitely should be operated with the door and the flue shouldn't be downsized.

That rocks. It is an older Blaze King. We use it to heat our pole barn when we are out there. It didn't come with the door and had a makeshift door that I removed for the photos. The flue goes directly out the side of the pole barn and doesn't come into contact with anything but the sheet metal of the barn. It seems to be burning well and I never see any abnormal buildup.

Thanks for the info!