Help is a Buck 2700 a good stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty Grant

Hearth Supporter
Feb 10, 2006
Hi
I can get a buck 2700 from a friend of mine that was installed wrong in his basement and was used only a few times,he can't really tell me much as far as burn times, or how it works on a low burn. I have a Heritage brand in my cabin that works great but really goes through the wood and does not work well on low burn.This trade won"t cost much but I don"t want to move and install if it won"t be any better. Sure could use some advice here if someone knows this Buck stove. Both stoves are from th mid 80"s Thanks Ty [email protected]

Sounds like both are Pre-EPA, which means they are both going to be dirtier and less efficient than a new stove. The new Hearthstones are great, but I've heard the older Hearthstone II's are nowhere near as efficient, so the Buck might be better, but still not as good as an EPA stove.

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.