Help locating manual

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leviw0419

Dec 10, 2016
Missouri
I am trying to find information on my stove. All identifying information I can find is there is a sticker on the front with the word king and a crown. And the side shows a model number of KIG28. I can not find any information online. Can someone point me to the right manufacturer? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Pics of the stove and a close up of the sticker would be helpful;) Welcome to the forum!

0023483e05e224c72ca82e5c787eec68.jpg e2893766cdd7890259b0b771bae6e1b4.jpg 47d6e6ec793ec02abd010ae02bc038e6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My primary issue is finding where the combustible air intake is fed. I am in the process of converting it from a "slammer" install to piped into the existing liner. Burns well with little smoke when door open. And tends to immediately smother when door shut. The only air intake I can find is on the door there is a slide gate. Unless it is fed by the blower but can't find any additional holes in the fire box. I have a heck of a time maintaining a good hot coal bed. After burning there is very little ash left.

Good to hear you are installing it properly. Hopefully someone here has some insight... Nothing on the stove maker in the wiki.

Martin Industries was the manufacturer but not finding much on line but they were bought out ... track down the new owners to see what they have as they purchased "intellectual property" That's why I asked for a pic of the label as it's on there...
http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...ries-Announces-Completion-Asset-Sale-Monessen

Adding a full, proper stainless steel liner should make a nice performance improvement as long as the wood is well seasoned.

Adding a full, proper stainless steel liner should make a nice performance improvement as long as the wood is well seasoned.
Currently it has a new 5.5" x 9" rectangle SS liner that currently terminates about 4 foot above the insert. It had a open masonry fireplace previously although we never burned in it given the fear of an open fire place with a 9yr old and a 5 year old playing around. This insert was a "you haul and it's yours" deal so just learning the ins and outs. I know the direct piping will help a good deal. Still curious if the door slide gate is the only combustion air intake...
Good to hear you are installing it properly. Hopefully someone here has some insight... Nothing on the stove maker in the wiki.

Martin Industries was the manufacturer but not finding much on line but they were bought out ... track down the new owners to see what they have as they purchased "intellectual property" That's why I asked for a pic of the label as it's on there...
http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...ries-Announces-Completion-Asset-Sale-Monessen

Most likely that front air control is the only source of combustion air.

Is there a damper area sealing block-off plate installed? There should be. You'll need to watch the chimney closely for creosote buildup with this kind of setup. Unfortunately with a direct connect stub installation the only way to properly clean the smoke shelf area is to pull the insert and liner.

There is a damper on the flue port of the fire box. I removed the old sampler in the masonry fireplace as the new stub in liner will not fit through the it without removal. I am a bit confused as why the smoke shelf would be a concern if the fireplace is ported to a liner? Also given that the flue port on this unit is square I am going to have to fabricate a transition box for the new liner hook up.

A damper area seal is needed.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/wiki/why-damper-seal-is-needed/
When the chimney is cleaned, creosote is going to fall down in and around the stub, including on the smoke shelf. It needs to be cleaned out or it will accumulate there. A full liner would eliminate this issue.

A damper area seal is needed.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/wiki/why-damper-seal-is-needed/
When the chimney is cleaned, creosote is going to fall down in and around the stub, including on the smoke shelf. It needs to be cleaned out or it will accumulate there. A full liner would eliminate this issue.
As soon as I tie it in... it will have a full liner. Currently it is just not tied into the existing liner that runs from the top of the chimney to where it opens up right above the old damper.

Status
Not open for further replies.