What kind of old stove did I buy? 2 oddly spelled words on labels Atlanta Stove Works Model: 4052 Insert "Outsert" + Fireplace "Accessary" model 101

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

chieftain

Oct 6, 2023
house
Stove Detail:
ATLANTA STOVE WORKS
MFG BY: BIRMINGHAM STOVE AND RANGE
Model: 4052 Insert Outsert

Fireplace Accessary
Model 101
Easy-Connect
Direct Connect System
915-8-0

Please zoom in on first picture with the accessory to find markings of model number. I cannot find any information online. This is the first time in my life that I own something that I can find zero information about online. Please help identify this stove.
Thanks

stove.jpg stove2.jpg stove3.png

The insert is over 50 yrs old. It's unlikely there will be much documentation for it still existing.

The insert is over 50 yrs old. It's unlikely there will be much documentation for it still existing.
Thanks for responding. What characteristics are you seeing to determine age? I plan to restore it and put in a mobile home. I’d appreciate any advice you care to give. How do I get smoke from square hole out round chimney pipe?

Based on the design I am pretty certain that it is pre-1980. It definitely is not an EPA stove. There doesn't appear to be any secondary air system. Is there a baffle in it?

I would assume that for freestanding operation the stove had legs. Are they with it? I am certain that this is not mobile home approved. There are specific rules for putting a wood stove in a mobile home. As the label says, contact the local inspecting authority about restrictions and installation inspection.

Reactions: chieftain
Based on the design I am pretty certain that it is pre-1980. It definitely is not an EPA stove. There doesn't appear to be any secondary air system. Is there a baffle in it?

I would assume that for freestanding operation the stove had legs. Are they with it? I am certain that this is not mobile home approved. There are specific rules for putting a wood stove in a mobile home. As the label says, contact the local inspecting authority about restrictions and installation inspection.
Thank you for this I'm really in over my head here and getting more pics to share that will answer the baffle question. Have you ever heard of this particular model? Ever seen one like it? Its baffling me. This video is the mobile home I plan to install in. Itll replace the tent stove. How best would I protect the surrounding area in trailer? I understand its probably not an authorized set up but lets say I need to do it anyway. Any no brainer tips you'd advise?

Thank you for this I'm really in over my head here and getting more pics to share that will answer the baffle question. Have you ever heard of this particular model? Ever seen one like it? Its baffling me. This video is the mobile home I plan to install in. Itll replace the tent stove. How best would I protect the surrounding area in trailer? I understand its probably not an authorized set up but lets say I need to do it anyway. Any no brainer tips you'd advise?

Uhhhhh. Wow so many really really scary issues with that install.

Uhhhhh. Wow so many really really scary issues with that install.

You can see the scorch marks from the heat of the stove on the plywood behind it.

Edit: after watching the video I refuse to believe this is anything other than a troll post. If you are serious, dude you are going to burn yourself alive with that setup.

You can see the scorch marks from the heat of the stove on the plywood behind it.

Edit: after watching the video I refuse to believe this is anything other than a troll post. If you are serious, dude you are going to burn yourself alive with that setup.
I used it through last winter but didn’t sleep with it or leave unattended. That’s my workshop to get out of weather. Lord willing I’ll be upgrading it with new one. The problem is I can’t find any detail about it. Any advise is much appreciated

There’s a part 2 of video on my channel, I added a wall thimble.

There’s a part 2 of video on my channel, I added a wall thimble.
No that is not a wall thimble.

As far as installing this stove the listening plate provides all clearances and floor protection requirements. And you need a real chimney

Oh boy, um, no. There are safety issues on so many levels. The videos are a good advert for Bud though.