Can I just cover up Prefab Majestic ZC Fireplace with heat shield, then put wood stove in front?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it looks like I'm going to have to rip out that ZC, and I'm going to have to remove the existing chimney.

Estimates from a few people I've asked to do this are getting up near $8000!

I'm willing to do demolition myself, but I'm wondering about installing the new class A chimney pipe in that exterior chase. Think it's something a newbie can handle? Any advice?

I'm willing to do demolition myself, but I'm wondering about installing the new class A chimney pipe in that exterior chase. Think it's something a newbie can handle? Any advice?
Yeah with some basic carpentry skills and reading and following the directions you should be able to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.