Help me decide please!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Caruso293

Nov 19, 2012
Connecticut
Hey folks. Looking for a little input from you. I currently run a lopi freedom bay wood stove on the first floor of my typical 2200 sq ft colonial in CT. It's on the far side of my home so 1/2 of my house is very comfortable and the other half not so much. (not an open floor plan). The lopi is awesome but I am thinking of a pellet stove on the other side of the house to supplement the wood. I have two stoves I can get pretty good deals on used. Both in good shape and seem to be well taken care of. Need help deciding whoch one. A Quadrafire Santa Fe or a Harman P38? Both stoves are roughly $1000 before negotiating. I know there is no automatic start with the Harman but also hear that Harman is very reliable. Would love to hear your thoughts. If it helps, it will be heating roughly 750 SF. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sante Fe , If your only heating 750 sq. feet your gonna want a stove that can shut down and restart when desired temp is reached. Quads are good reliable stoves also. oh and nice choice of phone, love my 2 XL

P38 is a well built stove but not very handy to light.

Thanks for the input. XL 2 is best phone used to date!!

Can't go wrong with either stove, especially for $1 grand or less, but as Rich mentioned it is nice to have the auto shut down and start ups., That said, since you run a Lopi wood the P38 would be easy for you as well. Flip a coin and get the best deal but remember power windows, cruise, and AC are very nice at times.

Can't go wrong with either stove, especially for $1 grand or less, but as Rich mentioned it is nice to have the auto shut down and start ups., That said, since you run a Lopi wood the P38 would be easy for you as well. Flip a coin and get the best deal but remember power windows, cruise, and AC are very nice at times.
Thanks for that. You are correct about how we take for granted the nice features technology can give. . As of now I have to Quad down to about $750. May pull the trigger soon. Way too cold out!!!!

Reactions: bags
P38 is a well built stove but not very handy to light.
Thanks for your input. Looking like a better price on the quad so leaning towards that

Good Luck! I wouldn't hold out too long because good deals get snatched up.