Help me identify this Fisher

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ibornagain

Nov 21, 2018
Georgia
I am trying this identify this stove. The top is 29.5" wide..has 8" exhaust on top.is 400$ a fair price...all fire brick are in place

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181120-083314.png
    Screenshot_20181120-083314.png
    686.6 KB · Views: 242
  • Screenshot_20181121-073300~2.png
    Screenshot_20181121-073300~2.png
    705.6 KB · Views: 225
Grandpa III.

That stove was built for use on a cement floor, or hearth with non-combustible walls near it such as basement with cement wall. It was made after 1980 when the tested stoves were made with bent corners and shields bottom and rear. They will have a UL tag on the rear shield. This one will not. That style with angle iron corners was the first design, and was not UL listed. Many fabricators continued to make the old style stove for $100 cheaper where it was not necessary to use a listed stove. Today ALL appliances are required to be Listed in a new installation in your state. Keep that in mind when pricing a stove and try to find a legal one for use.

I would offer him $300 and ask the seller if he has the fire viewing screen. It should NOT have that fireplace grate in it. Check the welds for cracks.

Last edited: