Help me identify this stove, please!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Jul 20, 2017
NJ, USA
Hello everyone. I recently purchased a house and included in the purchase was this stove. I know nothing about stoves and haven't really been able to find any answers with the information I have at hand. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. we're looking to sell it but don't have a clue what it is worth, if anything.

fire place 1.JPG fire place 2.JPG fire place 3.JPG

Attachments

• Fire place.JPG
    Fire place.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 1,532
I have a similar situation, I got the stove with the house. I'm looking to sell the stove. Any idea how much it's worth?

Franklin fireplace stoves are worth scrap value. Maybe $50? Is this what you have?

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I recently purchased a house and included in the purchase was this stove. I know nothing about stoves and haven't really been able to find any answers with the information I have at hand. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. we're looking to sell it but don't have a clue what it is worth, if anything.

View attachment 198687 View attachment 198688 View attachment 198689
It’s The Great Americana Heating Machine model 76FH. I bought mine in 1978 and have used it since.

Attachments

• 7CAB1897-E0AA-4D81-BDC1-775A7BE83937.jpeg
    7CAB1897-E0AA-4D81-BDC1-775A7BE83937.jpeg
    154.8 KB · Views: 2,575
  • 39317B0F-8A59-4ABF-9830-6D17C5C6D9A2.jpeg
    39317B0F-8A59-4ABF-9830-6D17C5C6D9A2.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 1,005
  • CE1DBEA5-6945-4943-95CB-4AD78EC6D39C.jpeg
    CE1DBEA5-6945-4943-95CB-4AD78EC6D39C.jpeg
    198.8 KB · Views: 1,285
It’s The Great Americana Heating Machine model 76FH. I bought mine in 1978 and have used it since.
Do you happened to have the manual for this? anything with specifications measurement away from walls and etc? We just bought a new old home with this exact same wood stove but need manuals for home inspection to approve this stove. pls feel free to email it to me personally at [email protected]

Do you happened to have the manual for this? anything with specifications measurement away from walls and etc? We just bought a new old home with this exact same wood stove but need manuals for home inspection to approve this stove. pls feel free to email it to me personally at [email protected]
If there is a ul tag on the stove that will tell you the required clearances. If there is no tag it is unlisted and you need to follow NFPA guidelines for unlisted stoves. Which are basically 36" clearance to combustibles from the stove

If there is a ul tag on the stove that will tell you the required clearances. If there is no tag it is unlisted and you need to follow NFPA guidelines for unlisted stoves. Which are basically 36" clearance to combustibles from the stove
there is a ul tag on back. But apparently for our Wa. state, the inspector needs to see in manual if its safe for the 1977 Manufactor home that this is in for us to buy.

Our is very Samiliar up above fireplace stove but its not Autocrat (No A) and our says its MH10418 instead of Autocrat wording as well... What does this mean and what brand is this? Its in very good shape and came with an older 1977 Manufactured House. We need the manual to know if this is made for Manufactured House in Wa. state. that is only thing.
Phone3d_2516.jpg
Phone3d_2511.jpg