Help me understand quadra fire Pioneer 2 acc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

momatt

Nov 20, 2017
Missouri
i am burning today for the first time today with my pioneer 2 quadra fire fireplace. The manual is not very clear to me on how the acc works. There are two sliders one with a handle and one that is just a flat piece of metal. Neither slides very easy. The flat one barely seems to move. The right one seems to open and close the damper the left one ?? Is it supposed to move easy?

There are more videos that may answer your questions. Looks like the one on the right is similar to the ACC on the Northstar. Push it to the left when starting & it'll automatically close as less combustion air is required

i am burning today for the first time today with my pioneer 2 quadra fire fireplace. The manual is not very clear to me on how the acc works. There are two sliders one with a handle and one that is just a flat piece of metal. Neither slides very easy. The flat one barely seems to move. The right one seems to open and close the damper the left one ?? Is it supposed to move easy?
Hey momatt, how do you like the pioneer 2? I am about to purchase one but I can’t find any reviews on them. My main concern is the burn time, they say you can get up to 10 hours but I’ll be thrilled with 8. How long are your burn times normally?