Help moving hot air around

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Anicole

Dec 29, 2020
Tyler123
Hey Ya'll! I have a 1850s house who's layout it unusual. I recently installed a Jotul F500 into an existing chimney and its heating the living/dining/kitchen room great. After reading a thread on moving air through the house I put a box fan in the doorway of the next room, pushing cold air into the room the stove is in. My question is where I should put a fan to get the air to the bedroom. Also, is there a more permanent solution than having a bunch of fans sitting around? Thanks in advance! Also, I'm not too concerned with getting the air upstairs. (There's only a 2nd story above the bedroom/hall/library and it's mostly guest rooms).

PXL_20230206_145949385.jpg

The layout looks a bit like the shotgun houses one sees in New Orleans. Getting heat to the basement will be a challenge. Is there a basement?

The layout looks a bit like the shotgun houses one sees in New Orleans. Getting heat to the basement will be a challenge. Is there a basement?
Nope! No basement, in the south so just a crawl space under the house. It's an absurdly long house. That chimney all the way to the left is the one with the wood stove.

IMG_1411.JPG

I think I would put a safe electric heater in the far bedroom and call it good.