Help! My Brush is Stuck

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Famer

Hearth Supporter
Aug 18, 2008
NJ
I got the brush down past the first 30 degree bend - which is about 8' down from the top - and I can't get itback out. I knew I was going to hit a snag. It was going too well. Any thoughts? Anything I can do from up top without having to disassemble the stack inside the house (which is wide open and accessible)?

Thanks!

I feel your frustration. I got my poly brush down through the Class A just fine, and into the single wall, until it found the first of two back-to-back corrugated 45's, and there it stuck. There was no going down and no going back up. Ended up disassembling the stovepipe. PITA. I'm thinking about redesigning my system and changing it next spring. If you can't pull it back out from the top with whatever best effort you can give it, then you may have to take the system apart. Be careful, and rest assured you're not the first one! Rick

Phew! I got it out. I had to take off the upper section of the chimney and once I did that I was able to get the other section of rod down there. That was just enough to jog the brush out of its stuck position. It was a bit of a PITA, but I got it done, saved some cash and learned that there hasn't been much cresote forming up there. All things considered, it was worth the effort...and boy does this cold beer taste good. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.