HELP!! My pipe on new stove is higher than my old stove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

theswine

Mar 23, 2013
united states
Not sure what do to here.

My heath pad is pretty permanent.. so I can't lower it.

My exhaust pipe to the outside is 2 inches lower than the pipe on the new pellet stove!

Anyone have suggestions ??
2jayrzk.jpg

It happens. The wall thimble needs to be raised inside, the existing cover will usually cover the enlarged hole easily enough. The problem is outside- what is the outside wall made of? If wood, cut out the top and try to cover the hole that's under the cover with the strip cut out. Not much else you can do. Unless you find a way to lower the stove, shortening legs or the hearth.....

you can buy a section of pipe that slides in itself. Then buy another shorter pipe that will allow you to match your new stove to the correct level

Remember the exhaust is pushed out.. not by warm air rising.