HELP!!! Need a source for Charmaster Chalet parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Uncle Clevis

Nov 3, 2017
Havana, FL
I own a Charmaster Chalet wood burning furnace. It has a thermostatically controlled air draft control to regulate the heat output of the furnace. The control works by thermostatically adjusting the position of the draft door, thereby allowing more or less combustion air into the firebox as needed. The unit was purchased in 1987, and this fall the module that mechanically adjusts the position of the draft door failed. The part is not repairable. Do you know of any source of repair parts for Charmaster furnaces? I believe that the company is no longer in business. If you can offer any help, email me at [email protected].

Is there any info on the parts at all?
Have pictures of it?

Being a retired Ford technician I was curious with what went wrong with our Chalet draft door module so I took it apart. Just had to drill out the rivets holding the two halves together. Found that a small gear had slid sideways on it's shaft. Was able to slide the gear back in place and secure it.
Found the proper size bolts to put the two housing halves back together. The module worked good as new.
This all took place a couple of years ago and I was shipped a new part after calling Charmaster. The repaired module is being kept in case it's needed in the future.

Reactions: Roswell77
Probably May 15 2017...that's when the new EPA regs took affect...