Uncle Clevis Posted By Uncle Clevis, Nov 3, 2017 at 8:05 PM

1. Uncle Clevis

Uncle Clevis
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 3, 2017
    Loc:
    Havana, FL
    I own a Charmaster Chalet wood burning furnace. It has a thermostatically controlled air draft control to regulate the heat output of the furnace. The control works by thermostatically adjusting the position of the draft door, thereby allowing more or less combustion air into the firebox as needed. The unit was purchased in 1987, and this fall the module that mechanically adjusts the position of the draft door failed. The part is not repairable. Do you know of any source of repair parts for Charmaster furnaces? I believe that the company is no longer in business. If you can offer any help, email me at robccowdery@gmail.com.

2. brenndatomu

brenndatomu
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 21, 2013
    Loc:
    NE Ohio
    Is there any info on the parts at all?
    Have pictures of it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. NickF

NickF
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 10, 2017
    Loc:
    Maine
    Any luck finding a source for Charmaster Chalet parts?

4. Mud Island Maple

Mud Island Maple
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 2, 2018
    Loc:
    Glover, Vermont
    Being a retired Ford technician I was curious with what went wrong with our Chalet draft door module so I took it apart. Just had to drill out the rivets holding the two halves together. Found that a small gear had slid sideways on it's shaft. Was able to slide the gear back in place and secure it.
    Found the proper size bolts to put the two housing halves back together. The module worked good as new.
    This all took place a couple of years ago and I was shipped a new part after calling Charmaster. The repaired module is being kept in case it's needed in the future.

Roswell77 likes this.
  5. Roswell77

Roswell77
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jun 5, 2018
    Loc:
    aaa
    Does anyone know when Charmaster went out of business. John was so helpful when I needed him

6. brenndatomu

brenndatomu
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 21, 2013
    Loc:
    NE Ohio
    Probably May 15 2017...that's when the new EPA regs took affect...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...