help pellets stop feeding

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sheba13me

Jan 6, 2008
inland northwest
We were given an old Whitfield WP-2 Advantage II. Everything is installed propperly
and everything works fine for about 35 or 40 minutes and then the auger stops feeding
pellets. If you wiggle the auger it will make about 2 or 3 revolutions and then stops again.
We shut it off cleaned pellets out of hopper and checked all parts were clear and startedit up again and same thing. The auger feed light keeps blinking even when it is not feeding. Help please

becky said:
We were given an old Whitfield WP-2 Advantage II. Everything is installed propperly
and everything works fine for about 35 or 40 minutes and then the auger stops feeding
pellets. If you wiggle the auger it will make about 2 or 3 revolutions and then stops again.
We shut it off cleaned pellets out of hopper and checked all parts were clear and startedit up again and same thing. The auger feed light keeps blinking even when it is not feeding. Help please

Could be a few things
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/13499/

our stove does not have the pressure switch or hose.we by passed the high limit switch and the
stove has been running fine We put on a new high limit switch and it does the same thing
after 30 minutes. Everything else checked out fine. I don't knowwhy it shuts off with the new switch so I guess we will continue to by pass the switch. Everything is cleaned and working fine as long as that switch is not connected.

becky said:
our stove does not have the pressure switch or hose.we by passed the high limit switch and the
stove has been running fine We put on a new high limit switch and it does the same thing
after 30 minutes. Everything else checked out fine. I don't know why it shuts off with the new switch so I guess we will continue to by pass the switch. Everything is cleaned and working fine as long as that switch is not connected.

If your stove must be the is an Advantage II made before 1991 with the black faced control board
ser# 1001 to 7400.

Not realy sure what is going on with your stove
There is a 30 minute start up timer on the board
and then there is a Auger timer on the board
Im not sure how each limit switch effect the auger with out being at the stove.
I have on worked on one that old in a long time.

Attachments

• advantageiiwire.gif
    advantageiiwire.gif
    28.5 KB · Views: 344
Bypassing the limit switch is not a solution. Usually they trip for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.