Help picking a small stove for the kitchen

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BeGreen said:
We've had good reports about the larger HI300. I've stayed quite on the smaller Hampton because I don't know anything about this model. If the HI200 is similarly made it should be a nice little kitchen stove. I'm looking forward to hearing more about it. Be sure to take some beauty pics and give us a review when you get a chance.
BeGreen, Sorry, some how I missed your post. I will be sure to post after the install and burning it. I am not in a big hurry and intend to install this spring/summer and so it will be a while, but when its done I will let you know. It have researched the Hampton as thoroughly as I could and it really looks like a solid stove, and so I am very optimistic it will be exactly what we are looking for.

UPDATE - Well, she decided on the The Hampton (H200). We ordered it a week ago and it is already in at the dealer. Still waiting on the hearth pad. It will be another 2 weeks. Probably going to get it installed just in time for spring, although next week we are supposed to top out at 60! So maybe spring is coming early. Anyway, I will update as we install the stove.

I can't wait to hear how you all make out.

I still wish you bought the wood oven that I loathe over though. I want to hear first hand experience on that bad boy.

pen

pen said:
I can't wait to hear how you all make out.

I still wish you bought the wood oven that I loathe over though. I want to hear first hand experience on that bad boy.

pen
I know what you mean Pen, I really kind of wanted the bakers oven too, but it was a little pricey for us and my wife said she didn't really want to cook on it unless the power was out and had to. So she thought it would be a waste of extra money. I just thought it would really look neat in our kitchen, but my wife got to pick this one and she loved the little Hampton. I researched it and from what I could find out it is a solid stove. I hope we are happy with it. I wish I could have gotten a picture of her face when the dealer took the wrap off of it on the pallet crate. If that means anything, it's a winner! ;-P

Glad to hear it!

pen

UPDATE. The Hampton is home! I took the crate off of it on the trailer in the garage. I was going to leave it there since I have to install the hearth first. But we both just had to see it in the kitchen. :) Here are some pics from garage to kitchen. I will have to take it back out to install the hearth and chimney. I can't believe how much that little stove weighs!

Attachments

• stove home edit.jpg
    stove home edit.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 377
  • stove kit 1 edit.jpg
    stove kit 1 edit.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 385
  • stove kit 2 edit.jpg
    stove kit 2 edit.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 377
  • stove kit 3 edit.jpg
    stove kit 3 edit.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 380
perfect fit! Can't wait to hear what you (the wife) thinks of it's performance.

hmm. but now I have to find my next candidate to try and get to test out that baker oven.

pen

I burn one in the show room and it is a fantastic stove. Will serve you very well!

Enjoy.

I think you were looking at the Harman with the steel grill that fits down inside it.

To be truthful i think i answered the wrong thread somehow. I thought you asked about a stove that could be cooked on and it was the grill insert that Harman has.

Bub381 said:
To be truthful i think i answered the wrong thread somehow. I thought you asked about a stove that could be cooked on and it was the grill insert that Harman has.
OK, no problem. We actually considered the Harman. But we love the Hampton now that it is installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.